Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lunch Munch

This is today's lunch:


--Baby spinach leaves
--Hot house tomato cut into chunks
--Salad Pizazz Gourmet Salad Topping with Cherry Cranberries and honey toasted pecans
--Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (hadn't put it on when I took this pic)


I have Cardio Funkytown tonight and didn't want to have anything too heavy on my stomach. And one can never have too many greens in their diet. )I am not happy about this extra poundage around my mid-section and hips. Now that I'm not running, I really have to be more cognizant about what I'm eating. And really - increasing veggie intake should be a goal for life, anyway.

Now that I'm not running, I don't expect to be a trim 6, but I don't want to be a puffy 8, either. :lol:

Taking it day by day. Working on my 2nd liter of water for the day. I made it through Monday and Tuesday drinking all three liters of water. I've tried out some new foods. I am determined to use up the veggies in my fridge and make it work.

My weaknesses are bread and sugar. I don't really drink sugar-y drinks, but if you put a cookie, donut or piece of cake in front of me, you can forget it. Gotta do better on that front. I think my biggest dairy weakness is cheese and cheese sauces. I haven't eaten a bowl of cereal in months, so milk is usually not an issue. I'm weaning myself away from ice cream as well.

It's a work in progress, as per usual! :)

6 comments:

This One Woman said...

That salad looks yummy! I forgot I loved Spinach so much until right now. I need to honor some. :)

Marilie said...

Yes! Get a great big bag and eat up! :)

Neev said...

OMG! That looks delish! But of course my salad would be slathered in cheese and bacon bits or a chicken breast. I do have the vinagrette :) trying to broaden my salad dressing variety

Marilie said...

Yeah, my usual suspects are cheese and croutons. But I didn't bring them with me so I couldn't be tempted.

Serenity3-0 said...

Yeah, this looks good and I have spinach and cranberries and pecans in my pantry.. So why again is chic fil a on my brain?! I've got to get it together.

Marilie said...

Don't even mention Chik-Fil-A. LOL! I'm going home for lunch today to have some kind of veggies and chill out.