Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hidden Treasures

When I know I'm going to work out in the morning (or, at least, I've PLANNED to work out in the morning), I have to get my work outfit ready the night before. It's a wonder that this self-proclaimed non-morning person has been getting up for the past 4-5 months and hitting the gym in the morning as it is! Definitely don't have time to be fooling around with ironing, matching, and making sure stuff is actually fitting at 5:30am.

I pulled out a pair of black NY & Co slacks I purchased this summer. We'll have to talk about my love affair with NY & Co in another post...sigh. I was trying to decide what to wear with them, and finally settled on a top. Now, the shoes.

Would I go with the t-strap shoes I've been LOVING? Or another pair? This is where that whole shoe organization thing came in handy. And also where I realized that idea of the pics on the outside of the boxes would really come in handy.

Anywho, as I was perusing the boxes, I settled on these:


I haven't worn these shoes in ages. They pretty much got tossed to the side for newer shoes. I remember buying them, too. Well, not the date or anything, but I know I was in Atlanta at that time. I was obsessed with stacked loafers. I had found a brown pair, and pulled out a box that was SUPPOSED to be a black pair. I opened it up, and this pair was sitting inside.

The rest, as they say, is history. I thought they were cute so I made the purchase. I used to wear them quite a bit when I lived down there. I guess I need to do better about shopping my own closet.

So, those babies will make their re-debute (is that a word?) later today. As I was sitting here writing this, my right foot started throbbing. I swear, if I was just sitting on my butt eating bon-bons every day, there'd be nothing wrong with my foot. Absolutely nothing. But nooooooooo. I try to get up and get active at least 5-6 times a week and this is the thanks my body gives me. Shenanigans.

Lemme go hit this workout. Clearly, this will be a light workout day. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: