Saturday, June 20, 2009

Today's hairstyle


Here's today's hairstyle. I hope I don't sweat this out tonight. I guess it'll be a gauge as to how it will hold up at the rink tomorrow. I need this to stay in through the end of the week, without me having to really re-do it. I may have to touch it up on Wednesday, though. I don't know if it will hold up after my workout and then a shower and heading to the bowling alley.

This took an hour and a half. I used mostly Asha's The Mane Attraction. But then I re-did some of the twists with the little bit of Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme that I had left over. I don't like all the ingredients in that stuff, but it will hold a twist. Maybe I'll get some of the regular buttercreme when they have their sale in December.

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Cute hairstyle! I love all the options with natural hair. I don't know if I'm brave enough yet to wear my hair out twisted up. I'm thinking about trying to do some twisted cornrows to wear on the weekends.

Marilie said...

Yeah, sometimes I Just leave it twisted up on the weekends, and if it's not for public consumption, I just put on a wrap. I still don't wear my individual twists out that much, because I don't take the time to part straight enough. But I'm working on that. I need to do more protective styles if I want to retain the length I'm growing.

The true test of this style will be how it holds up at the rink tonight. LOL!