Operation HeadWrap has come to an end. 5 days was all I could take. Maybe I'll try it again next week. My head feels abnormally "light" today. Not that 2.5 yards of fabric is ultra heavy, but once you wrap it around your head, suddenly it's not as light as you thought it was.
1. After day 3, I was ok with the wraps, because I got used to not having to deal with my hair at night or in the morning, other than oiling my scalp.
2. My hair feels ultra soft this morning, and should hold the twist out well, given that the twists were in since Saturday night.
3. Every other day, I will probably have to do the front two twists over, because they take the brunt of the weight of the wrap.
4. The nape needs to be braided - no ifs, ands, or buts. I noticed that tying the wraps and my scarves at night puts tension on that area. It was being pulled out of the flat twists. That's probably because, towards the back of my head, I can't twist that well. So, last night I made a horizontal part, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch up from the edge of my nape, and I braided that hair going across. It held very nicely. Matter of fact, the twist out is covering it up, so I forgot I had it in this morning. LOL!
5. Overall, I think this was a good, protective challenge...and I'll do it again, as long as my edges don't show any signs of damage.
On another note, my best friends and I are planning a trip to Vegas for next spring. Some time next May - I don't remember the exact dates. My friend K is deathly afraid of flying. So much so, that she missed our trip to Hawaii back in 2005. Then when she saw the pics, she wished that she had gone. On Wednesday, she had to fly to California for a wedding. N sent us a note on the Book of Faces this morning, that K made it safely and in one piece, and is now gung ho for the trip to Vegas. Whoo hoo!
I'm so happy it's Friday. Now I just need to make it to 5:00. Well, I just need to make it through my work out. Then the weekend can officially begin. I really slacked on Wednesday. I only did 15 minutes of cardio. I was tired! I had no energy. I did do some lifting, so I just called it a day. I'll have to try to get a good distance run in today, if my knee holds up.