Thursday, October 13, 2011

Three Things Thursday!

*blows dust off blog*

1. I'm currently on my Twitter/FB annual hiatus. It's been 3 days. I feel like Pooky from New Jack City. I will probably have the shakes later today at my desk. And of course, they decide to come out with the FB for iPad app right as I'm going on hiatus. *facepalm*

2. I strained my calf last week during our run and it's still trying to work itself out. This morning only one other person showed up for our BGR run, and her legs were tired from hill work the day before. So, we went for a 20 minute jog at conversational pace. I felt like I could have gone 15-20 minutes more. Conversational pace is where it's at! The calf is still tight, but not to bad.

3. My yoga is coming along fabulously. Ms. Stacy has been helping me take my poses further. I even held plank for a minute the other day. I've gotten to the point where I can do side planks without having my knee down. Still can't get that headstand, though. LOL!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Headstands take an extremely straight back in the tripod so that the knees almost have to lift. Then wiggle those knees off the elbows. Just keep moving them until you can lift them into a bent headstand. It took me about 50 tries--but it was worth it!

:-) Marion

Marilie said...

I took an intermediate class last week where, after warming up, we just focused on the crow pose and variations. One was to come forward from crow into tripod, push up into headstand, come back down to tripod and then move back into crow. Needless to say, I couldn't quite get there. I'm going to keep working on it. :) I couldn't get that side crow either. I need to get abs of steel. LOL!