Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Good Stuff

As a follow up to the post two days about about the synthetic chemicals, I just wanted to list a few things here that you can use, for those of us who are not kitchen mixtresses.

AUBREY ORGANICS: Aubrey Organics has been on the scene for years. Surprisingly, I have never tried any of their products. Aubrey knows all about the bad, synthetic ingredients and he doesn't use any of them. I've heard many folks gush about the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. It's on my list of things to try for conditioner washes.

GIOVANNI: Giovanni Hair Care Products are also known for using organic ingredients and none of the synthetic ingredients we should try to avoid. You can likely find both Giovannit and Aubrey Organics in your local health food store.

KUUMBA MADE: I like to add fragrance to the things I mix at home. But sometimes, I want something other than the essential oil fragrances. I've been adding lavender and lemongrass to my body butter, and the lemongrass is usually the stronger scent. I was at a loss as to what I could add without adding anything crazy. That's when Kenya told me about Kuumba Made. I got the Amber & Sandalwood scent, and the Black Coconut scent. I have on the body butter I mixed wtih the black coconut. I only added lavender to this batch, and I can smell the Black Coconut over the lavender. Our local Health HOme Market sells these fragrances - ask around in your area to see if your local health food store has them.

ORGANIQUE BY HIMALAYA: Organique's website boasts that their products are "free from over 200 synthetic ingredients." Although the company has been around since 1930, I really just heard about these products in the last 6 months. I'm attracted to the fact that they use herbs based in Ayurveda. I have some samples of these products from oru last Meet Up, and I can't wait to use them!

These are the lines I can remember off the top of my head. I know there are more, so I will make a part two for this post.

No comments: