Friday, January 29, 2010

ATL! ATL! ATL!

I am off today and Monday, so you know what that means? Yep, headed back down to Atlanta! My cousin is at some offsite training for her job, and won't be home until 6:00pm. So that means I won't leave here until around 2:00pm, most likely. I need to beat the traffic that's headed from Charlotte to Gastonia. I have resigned myself to sitting in traffic in ATL because I'll get there smack dab in the middle of rush hour. I'll just pack plenty of snacks and go from there. LOL!

My birthday was pretty cool and mellow, as I expected. I actually had to go in to work late that day, because I needed to renew my license. At least I don't have to deal with that for another 8 years (provided I stay in NC). I took it easy at work, but I still got some things done. Imagine my surprise, when at noon I get called to the front desk for a delivery. LDR sent me an Edible Arrangement of chocolate covered fruit! He got me good. I wasn't expecting that at all. I wasn't expecting anything. Needless to say, that became dessert after lunch. Pineapple, orange slices, strawberries, bananas, grapes, and Granny Smith apple slices, all partially covered in chocolate. So much for watching calories!

Last night we went to a lounge here in CHarlotte called Apostrophe. They had hip hop karaoke. I had a great time. We laughed so much. The only thing was, they didn't have the lyrics available. Now I love music. I know all kinds of old school hip hop, as you saw from the playlist I posted a few weeks ago. But, I don't know ALL the words. Like not enough to just get up there and freestyle. LOL! So, I did not participate, but clearly I need to learn a song for next time.

Now I'm about to hit the shower and get ready to head to ATL. I really hope this "rumor" of snow is just that...I'm not ready to deal with the crazy drivers on the road.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

Have fun and be safe traveling!