Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dude...seriously??

So...at the end of 2008, beginning of 2009, I was talking to this guy I've known for a few years now. Prior to this time it had been strictly platonic, and then that fall we decided to try dating. I don't know if you can call it that, because at the time we were (and are still) in different cities. I think I talked about him before on here, but I don't remember what his nickname was. We parted ways mid-February 2009.

Anywho, after the lameness in which we parted ways, I just stopped talking to him. He would send me emails occasionally, and at first I was giving really short, curt answers. But when he asked about my dad and his cancer battle, that softened me up a little. So every few weeks we would communicate. Definitely not every day or every week.

Now I've known that basically right after he stopped dealing with me, he started dating his old co-worker. I called that one from jump. Yesterday, I was out of the office. This morning I get in, and there's an email:

"Hey,

How are you doing? I just wanted to let you know that I got engaged.
I'm not sure if it matters to you or not, but I did want you to know."


Um...I don't care. And I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean that I'm indifferent about the situation. I'm not happy, I'm not sad or upset, I simply just don't care. Really, it isn't any of my business. At no time have we ever discussed our dating lives during these emails. At this point we are acquaintances, nothing more, nothing less. If we were FRIENDS, maybe this would be a little different. Maybe.

Why do men do stupid stuff like this? When I get engaged (I'm just gonna go ahead and say "when" and claim it), I will not be seeking out ex-flings to make special announcements. Da heezy??

2 comments:

This One Woman said...

Because men are straight lame like that. Maybe not just men but people in general that just don't get it. They just don't understand the simplest things in life. Maybe he was hoping for you to send him back a "don't do it, I need you" email. Yeah...he don't get it.

Marilie said...

Girl, I don't know what his deal was. But get this - fool logs in to FB under his MOMMA'S page- 'cause he's not on my list anymore, and I forgot to delete her. Essentially claims that he didn't realize I was on her friends list until yesterday, so he clicked on my page and saw how I blasted him in my status (although I didn't give his name), and then proceeds to email me about my 'rant' on FB and try to feed me some more BS.

Boy, please.

LOL!