Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Latest Henna Results

I did another henna on the 28th. This batch was kind of weird. When I poured the powder out into the bowl, it was bright green. Normally it's a pale green, almost brown color. Usually, the color release on the henna starts shortly after I add the green tea and lime juice. This time, even after I let it sit overnight, there was very little color release. That concerned me, but I had already mixed it, so I figured I'd just put it on and leave it for 4 hours of conditioning. On previous attempts, my gloves have turned bright orange during the application process. This time, they barely changed colors. I don't know what was up with that batch.

Here's the best pic to see how the color turned out:



Under normal lighting, my hair just looks dark. You have to get close up to see it. Sometimes you can see the reddish brown tint, but as you can see in this pic, it sometimes looks burgundy.

Hopefully the next batch will be par for the course. After applying this henna, I CW'd to get it all out, then applied shea butter and some oil, and put in flat twists. When I took them out that night to go to dinner, my hair was sooooo soft. Love that henna!

No comments: