Monday, August 10, 2009

I Got Nuthin'

Nothing exciting happened this weekend, unless you count my third henna treatment. I do think it might be affecting the texture at the front of my head. It was already straight up there, now it's getting straighter. I think I will have to add some amla powder (more than what's already in the henna) and see if we can counter act this a tad.

I didn't get out and about except for skating. There was a skate jam in Raleigh on Saturday night, from midnight to 5:00 a.m. A group of skaters was supposed to have a van going, and it was $11 to ride with them. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I didn't want to be smooshed up in a van with them for 2.5 hours. And who's driving? I can't just trust anybody's driving, especially at 5:00 a.m. I didn't want to take my car. I just didn't want to drive, period, because I knew I wouldn't feel like driving back at 5:00 a.m. RB was hinting that if I decided to go, he would go too and he could do the driving. Negative! He is finally learning how to stay in the FriendZone, no sense in giving him any extra encouragement. I found out last night that Big Bob was the DJ. Big Bob is a prominent skate DJ in NY...I wish I had really known. I think I would have made the sacrifice to hear him DJ.

NY and I are going to have to have a Come to Jesus meeting. He wants to skate all around the rink all fast, sweating up a storm, and then slow skate with me. That equals his sweat getting on me. No, no, no, no, no. I'm trying to figure out a tactful way to hand him a towel and tell him to handle that. I need to remember to pack an extra towel in my skate bag.

Last week I added an extra day of cardio to my workout routine. So I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I liked just doing cardio on Tuesday, so I think that will become a regular thing. One of my friends from the Natural Hair Meet Up group likes to run outside on the weekends. She has convinced me to run the greenway with her at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday. Luckily, we run about the same pace. I hope my knee holds up. It will be nice to get outside and off the treadmill. I hope I can keep up with her, and I hope I have the cardio strength to halfway hold a convo. :lol:

PSA of the Day: Don't drink wine and cyber flirt at 3:00 a.m. I used to talk to this dude back in 2003-2004. Good ol' Que. We seemed to butt heads a lot. But we had the basic makings of an interesting relationship. He was very smart, and he knew how to push buttons to get me riled up (in an argument sort of way). He ended up moving to NYC. I saw him once when I was living in GA (he was down visiting an old high school friend), but I haven't seen him since then. Apparently he's been working out and is all chiseled up now. Somehow this conversation ended up with him flying down here in September or October for a visit. Um...ok. We'll probably argue half the time. We'll see if this visit actually comes to fruition. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

I guess I better get back to work now. Here's to a speedy Monday and a speedy trip through this week to the weekend. :)

No comments: