Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three Things Thursday

I've seen this on several blogs, so what the heck. I'll give it a try.

THREE THINGS THURSDAY:

  1. My plantar fasciitis is not getting better. And I'm not willing to give up my shoes. Clearly, we're at the cross roads. It's a show down between my common sense and my wants. Perhaps another visit to OrthoCarolina is in order. I just can't see living with this for the rest of my life. I want to run again, and at this point it's looking like I won't even be able to start in January. I look around and see people who started after me, making leaps and bounds in their training, and I can't even run on a treadmill for 15 minutes. No bueno.

  2. Just when you start to feel like things are just inherently turned against you and everyone is stupid, one or two people come along and make you feel better. I really would like to be home for a little while, given the situation with my dad. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to take an unpaid leave of absence from work. My supervisor told me today that it's possible for me to go to NY and work from home. I am going to sit down and try to work out the issues/logistics this weekend.

  3. I think I have the best family in the world. There's not too much I can really add to that. I hope we always remain this close.

1 comment:

This One Woman said...

I am very sorry to hear about your injury not getting better. I am hoping that it heals. I also hope you can work it out so you can work fron NY. That would be so awesome for you and your family.