Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Year of Yoga!

I realized that on 1/3 it had been a year since I started my yoga practice. A year since I got to class 5 minutes late, wearing socks, and Stacy introduced me to a whole new world.

I didn't even practice on my anniversary. I was in ATL ingesting calories I didn't need. When I returned to Charlotte, I promptly went to my favorite yoga studio and paid for a month of unlimited yoga. It was $99.

I know some folks are gasping for air, but that really is a great deal. To just drop in for a class is $16. 6 random classes would be $96.

Between 1/5 - 1/26, I've attended 23 yoga classes.

I'll let you do the math on that. LOL!

I feel so much better when I go, so I have resolved not to neglect my practice this year.

Some of the things I'd like to work on this year:

--core strength
--shoulder flexibility/openness
--handstands/head stands
--side crow

I'm hoping a regular practice will continue to help me in these areas.

I'm very grateful for everyone I've met on my yoga journey. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

3 comments:

BK said...

I am looking forward to be able to do a steady yoga practice. It's very hard but life will change for me once my oldest heads to college... I can't wait!

2cool4games Blog said...

Hi! Congratulations! I think you learned a lot about yourself. And it was fun when you learned how to do headstands last year.

I've been doing yoga for 3 years now and can tell you that good things are yet to come for you. I have gotten increasingly more flexible such that I can now do poses that I couldn't do after my first year.

So yay for you! I can't wait to see what you do this year!

:-) Marion

Kurlylicious said...

I so want to give Yoga a try! I'm going to make sure I do that this year!

BTW, I tagged you over at my spot. Check it out!