Friday, June 18, 2010

I Am Yet Alive

Hiya blog world. I'm still alive. I don't have much to blog about right now. I think I've gotten so used to condensing my life into 140 characters or less for Twitter, and into status updates for FB. So writing anything longer than that requires more thought and effort than I'm willing to give.

I'm sure if I REALLY thought about it, I'd have some things to blog about. Like, my trip to Vegas in May...where one of my BFFs lost her dayum mind. And how I nicknamed her Janet from the Muppets because of the ridiculous fake eyelashes she had plastered on her face. I have pics and I most certainly could describe the sights, sounds and crap load of FOOD on that trip.

I could also talk about my trip home to NY. My first time seeing LDR for an extended period of time, since March. I could talk about how we met each other's families, all the fun we had.

I could talk about how my dad's cancer is back, so he's gearing up for his 3rd battle with this disease...but I don't really have all the details yet. And thinking about how frail he is right now just makes me sad, anyway. :(

I'm also getting ready to cut my hair. I just need to figure out if I'm going to a stylist or a barber to get this done. I will post pics of my hair once it's done. I'm really hating my skin right about now, so I haven't been in a rush to post many photos, either.

I haven't done a road race since the CPCC 5K, but I was running regularly up until my trip to NY. Just getting back into the swing of things. Might be developing plantar fascitis in my right heel. Sigh.

So, as you can see, plenty of blog fodder, but no motivation to post any of it. Maybe if I tweet and FB less, I'll blog more. Hmmm. Something to think about.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous spring/summer so far. I'll try to get back here soon with a good post. Smooches!

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

Yes both of my blogs (particularly my knitting one) have dust collecting on them and I can definitely say that the instant/microwave responses on FB/Twitter makes it hard to want to sit down and put TIME into developing blog posts LOL

Just know in your life that "you will get thru it" with God!!