Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blah

Sorry to go MIA, guys...life's been kinda "blah" lately. My energy level is down. The fact that it's snowing pollen is NOT helping much. I haven't been able to run much because on my last 4 miler Monday, my left leg tendonitis flared up so bad that it had me in tears. My left foot was going numb towards the end of the run...I had to stop and walk. I took a whole week off. Monday (4/5) I ran again, but only 3 miles, and on a course that was relatively flat. So far, so good. It's sooooo hot right now. I had gotten so used to running in the cold, it feels crazy to run in the heat. One thing for sure - I need a boat load of new workout gear, which is not going to be cheap.

My mom picked out the car she wants, but now the credit union and Honda are giving her the run around on the financing, now that she's retired. I wish I could be up there to see what's going on, because I'm only getting details from my brother. I'm not quite sure how her retirement income works. She was getting part of my dad's social security, but she said something about that stopping once she retired. I don't know. This is supposed to be a relaxing time, and I bet she's up there in a ball of knots. :/

I just ordered some tangerine butter and some green tea butter from Oils By Nature. I can't wait to try them out. Tangerine oil is supposed to be great for acne treatment, so we shall see. Once I can get the break outs to stop, I can get concentrated on the hyperpigmentation.

I've started using the oil cleansing method on my face. For someone with a very oily t-zone, this seems so counterintuitive. It's been 3 days, and so far so good. I must say my skin feels hella soft. I haven't really gotten any new break outs on my face (the break outs I referenced above were with regard to body break outs on my back, shoulders and chest). I'm using a mixture of castor oil (hexane free) and organic extra virgin olive oil. I started with a 50/50 mix, but I think I will go with more castor oil and less olive oil in future mixtures. After two weeks I think I should have a better handle on how my face is going to react, and I'll be sure to write a post about it.

That's all that's going on in my world. Hope everyone is having a great week! :)

No comments: