Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Out of The Blue

My yoga class has been moved to a 5:30am start instead of a 5:45 start. Which is cool...it just means I really have to get up at 4:30 and not hit the "snooze" button.

One of the reasons I appreciate yoga (among the MANY), is that it does help me focus my mind. On the drive over my mind is constantly going; what I have to do that day, what bills need to be paid, what's going on with so-and-so. When I get to class, that is my "me" time to turn my brain off and focus on my spirit and my body.

We talk about how sometimes thoughts will sneak in, and you have to just acknowledge them and then move on. I've been trying to do that outside of class - if it's what I deem an inopportune time for my mind to be wandering, I acknowledge the thought - maybe jot a note to myself - and then send it on its way.

For some reason, this morning I was thinking about my Dad's funeral. I can't even tell you how my train of thoughts got to that point. I know it was a train of random thoughts that somehow led to me thinking about when my dad's neighbors came to the wake. I can't remember his name, but one neighbor gave me a hug and told me how much they would miss my dad and how everyone in the building really liked him. I just started crying. Now like, burst into ugly sobs crying...but just tears running down my face.

And then, it was over.

I got to yog and went on with class. I guess I was just surprised. My auntie told me that I would probably have some random moments, but I just wasn't expecting it at 5:15am.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I've never tried yoga, but I've always wanted to. Hmmmm.

Mrs. AKAtude said...

Those moments do happen and when you least expect it! A moment just came over me out of nowhere! I was at a Donnell Jones concert and I was just crying and couldn't really stop! A concert?! Stay strong!