I feel like I've been in blog hibernation! I'm waking up now, I promise. I've just been dealing with and living life...and I wasn't much inclined to blog about any of it. Sometimes you just need to take a break!
Anywho, I'm going to try and catch you up really fast because I have a lot of work to do today. That was a #FAIL on my part, as to how I planned my "to do" list today. *facepalm*
- LDR and I are still together. His company still hasn't opened up any comparable positions down here. Grrrrrr. We are dealing with it and taking it one month at a time. He came down to celebrate my birthday and we had a great time. We ate like we were going into hibernation, and that just won't do. I know they say being happy, you tend to gain weight. We've got to STOP THE INSANITY! <--in my Su.san Pow.ter voice.
- At the end of said birthday celebration, LDR was to head home on 2/1. The northeast weather had other plans, so he got to stay for an extra day. And on that day I broke the middle toe on my right foot. Ugh! If it's not one thing, it's another. That slowed down my cardio progress. Well - let's be real. It stopped it completely. Which leads to my next update.
- I've started taking yoga! Yay! Always something I wanted to try. Then my lovely friend Stacy invited me to try out one of her classes. I love it! I now get up with the roosters, and take her 5:45am flow class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I learn something new each class, and I learn things that can be applied to life, and not just class. If you've never done yoga, you should try it. Find a beginners course in your area. I took LDR to a Twilight Yoga class when he came down for my birthday. Pretty much a flow class, but all done by candle light. I don't think he realized how much work it is. At the end of our sun salutations, it went something like this:
LDR: Am I supposed to be sweating in yoga? (at this point we're all down in Child's Pose)
Stacy: Yes...we're getting your blood flowing, building heat.
LDR: Oh. OK. 'Cause I'm over here sweatin' like a brotha at a Klan meeting!
Me: *facepalm* *slayed*
Can't do nothin' but love him! LOL!
- The job transition with my company is flowing smoothly. We officially become part of the new entity on 3/1. It should actually create more opportunities in management, etc. I'm excited about it.
- I got an iPad! Yay! I love this thing. I got the 3G 64GB version. The other day, I took my car to Aut.oBe.ll to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Thanks to the 3G I was able to sit there and post while waiting for my car. Did I mention that I love this thing? 'Cause...yeah.
- Still moving forward on my plans to pay down debt, increase savings and life insurance. I should be able to pay off another lump sum in a few weeks, and then after that it's slow and steady to pay off the remaining balances. Definitely a work in progress! But I've noticed I've been more conscious about my spending. Like, I only got that iPad because I'm getting a bonus at work, and as soon as the bonus $ is deposited, the iPad will be PIF'd!
What's new with y'all?