Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome to Virginia

I am up in VA visiting with my sister Shell and her family. As of 7/1, my sister and her husband have been married for 20 years. I was 14 when they got married. My sister was 23. I thought for sure that I'd get married in my 20s. Not so! Probably not going to get married in my 30s, either. *sigh*

Anywho, no matter what's going on, I can always count on my niece and nephews to get me laughing. Today, we took them bowling - my sister signed them up for some program where they can get 2 free games every week. Not sure of the specific details, but it's with AMF - if anyone with kids wants the details, let me know. After bowling, it was off to CiCi's Pizza. That's the best bang for the buck with her kids, because they can eat!

For some reason, my niece was in a rush to get home - I guess she wanted more time to play outside. I eat slowly, so I was finishing up my dessert. I forgot what she said initially, but then she said, "can I drive us home?" Mind you, she's 12. My 10 year old nephew busts out, "are you trying to get us killed?" Now, on the surface, that is not a hilarious conversation. You have to know my niece and nephews. The youngest always has something classic to say. I just started laughing and I could not stop. It was the way he said it. I had tears coming out of my eyes. It was too funny. It's always good to have a belly laugh. I know I'm guaranteed at least one while I'm here.

Tomorrow, my sister Pam gets here with her husband and daughter. I think we are grilling out, and then we'll head to the base to see the fireworks.

I have some photos from today's adventures, but I'm feeling too lazy to upload. I'll probably have them tomorrow.

I "friended" my niece (my brother's daughter) on FB the other day. I really felt old. I remember when she was a baby and I was changing her stinky diapers. Chick will be 16 this month! Time really flies. She has grown into a beautiful, smart young girl. :)

My dad's birthday is Monday - I will actually fly up there next Thursday, to go to the family reunion for my mom's side of the family. My brother said he wanted us to take my dad out to dinner when my sister and I get there, so that is the plan. I'm excited to go home and spend some time with my dad.

Time to veg out on What Not To Wear and then hit the sack. I know the youngins will be up bright and early...auntie needs to get some sleep and be ready.

No comments: